Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

My Kid Is Santa Claus

My son just celebrated his 4th birthday! It might as well have been Christmas with how spoiled he was with presents. After he opened his presents, his aunt was talking about a project they are participating this year which involves sending toys to kids in Africa. My son is all for it! In fact every day since he has brought up how we need to buy toys "for the kids who don't have any."
I've never seen a kid so charitable! He is just so moved by the fact that these kids don't have anything to play with. How can a 4 year old be so selfless and caring?
I showed him pictures of children in Africa today and told him about the starvation and poverty they experience. His response? "Mommy! We need to send them food, too!"
I was just thinking to myself the other day how I wish there was a soup kitchen or something that I could volunteer my time at. It's been so long since I performed any sort of charitable service, and I've been missing it. It's so touching that my son is the same way. He always wants to help in any way he can, and it comes from his heart. I've never seen a child so willing to help in any way he could for someone less fortunate than he.
I'm so proud of my boy. He is shaping up to be an amazing person, and I can't wait to see what he is capable of achieving in life. I couldn't be a prouder mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment