Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

True Love

I thought I knew what true love was like. Boy, was I wrong. I always thought that love was just a way you felt. True love is so much more. It invades every facet of your life. True love is finding that one person that makes every heart ache, every depressing time in your life worth it; because it led you to them.

It's finding that person that is perfect, who makes you want to be perfect. It's finding that person that makes you invincible; the one that allows you to do and deal with anything, because you know that they love you.

Jake is that person, the love I've waited for all my life. I'd begun to believe that such a thing didn't exist, that it was a thing of fantasy and had no place in the real world. Looking back at past relationships, there was so much that I just DEALT with because I thought that was love. But I was wrong. I wasted so much time and energy on so many relationships that were doomed to fail, when I could have spent all that time being truly, blissfully happy.

I honestly don't have any idea how I thought I was EVER happy without him. He puts everything into perspective, supports everything that means everything to me. He brings out so much good in me, that I'm skeptical that the bad in me ever existed at all, and that is one of the most beautiful feelings you can experience in life.

The idea of him ever mistreating me, hurting me, lying to me, manipulating me, is so ludicrous that it's laughable. I've never trusted someone so much with my heart. I may be miles away, but I can still taste him, hear his voice, taste his lips, and feel the way he holds me.

I've been able to visualize marrying some of my past lovers, but what makes this truly special is that I cannot visualize NOT marrying this man. A future without him is not a possibility I want to consider, let alone live through.

I've never felt so complete, so loved, so safe. I truly have found my other, better half.

No comments:

Post a Comment